Microsoft has just announced a release of a new version of the data import export framework. There are some very exciting features listed. I’ll copy and paste some highlights and a link below.
What’s New :
- Part of foundation layer in CU7.
- 150 Entitiesout of the box ( 80+ new entities added)
- Master Data
- Reference Data
- System Configuration data
- Application configuration data – Parameters, Reference data, etc.
- New Retail specific entities
- New file types added for import as well as export
- XML file – attribute and element based.
- Excel file
- Compare and copy entity data across companies
- Copy entity data across companies
- Support for exporting data in multiple formats – delimited, fixed width, XML and excel for bulk data.
- Role based security and privacy extension for Entities and Processing Group
- Securing Processing group by company.
- Enhancements to custom entity creation