Sitting at the airport, waiting for a late incoming plane, thought I would put these together.
2012 professional lessons learned
– Life is fluid; flexibility is key
– Software release = new bugs (we already knew that, but this year emphasized that, did it not?)
– There are some really cool tools out there (for example, just a start, https://informationsource.dynamics.com/RFPServicesOnline/RfpServicesOnline.aspx )
– The business is tailored to the go-getter (unlike other softwares out there)
– If you’re smart, you’ll learn from others’ mistakes (example http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9235213/Avanade_sued_over_alleged_ERP_project_failure )
– RF is a headache even with MS support (same reference)
– True geeks love sharing their knowledge (evidence the number of quality blogs out there)
– OTOH, people will wh_re themselves over a Dynamics AX 2012 book (you’ll have to find that yourself)
– “Purchase order stack trace error” – them’s fighting words!